Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Are ULTA's free gift cosmetics safe?

I recently received two of ULTA's ';Debutante'; gift sets for purchasing $17.50 worth of ULTA-brand cosmetics on two separate occasions (a pretty little clutch full of free cosmetics - lipsticks, nail polishes, lip gloss, an eyeshadow palette, blush, etc.). When I got home and looked at the free cosmetics I received, however, I couldn't help but notice that they were all made in China. I then compared them to the ULTA-brand cosmetics I had actually paid for, which were all made in the U.S.A.





I assume that ULTA is so generous with giving away the Chinese cosmetics, because they are a lot cheaper to produce than the American-made cosmetics available to consumers for purchase. My worry is, are these Chinese cosmetics safe?





I really question if my now not-so-wonderful free gift is really worth using. There have been a few articles out recently about lead in Chinese lipsticks and that sort of thing. Quite honestly, I feel a little cheated. I'd hate to throw the free cosmetics away, especially because I do feel like I bought more than I had really wanted or needed to buy, just to reach that magical $17.50. I wouldn't have done that had I realized that I was getting the cheap stuff, and not the nice ULTA cosmetics I thought I was getting.





In the future, I am going to skip the gift sets and just pick up what I need. In the meanwhile, does anyone have any insight on this? I looked for answers online and found nothing about ULTA cosmetics made in China.Are ULTA's free gift cosmetics safe?
I don't know that anything made is China is safe anymore.Sadly to say.Are ULTA's free gift cosmetics safe?
You need to stop second-guessing these types of things. Just because something is made in China does not mean it is poor quality or it is fake. People just assume it is.
I've used them and I was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles