Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Question about MAC Makeup/Cosmetics?

My friend said I should go to MAC Cosmetics because they match what coverup and cleanser and makeup you should use by learning more about your skin. The problem is convincing my mom. She is very controlling and thinks I'm weird because I started wearing makeup a few weeks ago. How can I convince her to take me?? And also, what is your opinion on MAC Cosmetics (if you've used it.) And most importantly, is it really expensive?? Because if it is, my mom will never give in. Thanks!Question about MAC Makeup/Cosmetics?
MAC is VERY over-priced ($20 or more for a lipstick), and is STUDIO makeup...not many girls realize that MAC isn't exactly for daily wear. The make-up itself is very thick, almost pastey, and although it covers blemishes well, the lack of oxygen to your skin will make them look worse once the make-up wears off.





Since you've just started using make up, I suggest Bare Minerals...Yes, from the infomercials. They probably have a store at one of your malls (there's 3 in the 3 malls in my area, aren't we lucky to be CA girls?!). The make-up artists there will gladly match you with your own tones, it's not super expensive and lasts a LONG time. Not to mention the fact it covers GREAT, stays on and makes your skin look natural and healthy every time you use it! It's much lighter and because it's minerals, it doesn't melt like a creamy foundation from MAC might (especially if you're in high school...PE was the DEATH of my MAC make-up!).


Once you have your foundation, go ahead and buy anything else from your local drug store...For eyeliner, I suggest Revlon brand, and eye shadows-go crazy! If you really want some dramatic eyelashes, the new Lash Stiletto mascara is AMAZING.Question about MAC Makeup/Cosmetics?
i just bought studio fix a week ago and it looked soo good when i first put in on , but not later on in the day ! '; yuck '; . talk about thick cakey and oil slick . i only used a tad bit with a brush too ! i would recommend loreal tru match %26lt;333 cheaper and doesnt even feel like im wearing anything !
these people are so stupid its not that expensive. its like 14 for a lipstick.. not 20 wth are they thinking? but yeahh its a reallllly good brand, and your mom should understand the money because its a very highend brand, and very cheap at that. good luck :)


once you buy mac you never go back!! haha :)


btw you can just go on the website www.maccosmetics.com for the prices and stuff :)
M.A.C. is a great brand, but they are a bit pricey. Expect to pay $30 for foundation, $20 for eyeliner, $16 for lipgloss, etc. So it just depends on how much she's willing to pay. Offer to pitch-in if that would convince her to take you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9-2RRXWS鈥?/a>





I really don't care for MAC anymore. I (at the advice from Elle above) have started using Bee Luscious. The quality and feel is much better.
Tell her that MAC makeup is very tasteful. They have a ton of colors that she would even like. My mom didnt want me to start wearing MAC either but now she is going into my train case and taking my blushes and mineralizer finishes lol. If you want her to get you MAC, I would say start out with just getting basic colors, like of course the stuff for your skin but if you want like eyeshadow, try the brown colors. Then once she sees that its actually nice she may let you explore more into the company. I love MAC. Ive been wearing flirt from kohls for the longest time, I work there and sell the make up, but i havent been wearing it once i got my first MAC products. The colors are absolutly beautiful and theres just so much more. Honestly, I dont think its possible to make yourself look bad when your wearing it. Its not as expensive as people think. When you go there it is going to seem like it is, but their only a couple dollars more than stuff from revlon. The foundation is $28 but thats a good foundation. Any great foundation is expensive. The pressed powder is $18 i think, I love it. Its my first year in college and im gone all day but its really my secret weapon to looking like i just got there. eyeliner is 14, lasts forever! Its really long and the lead doesnt break easily. Mascara, the prices vary. Pigments are $20, and again last forever. Im pretty sure the eyeshadows are about $12.50. The lipglasses are $14 and that has never stopped me. Honestly the prettiest colors ever. Im not even exaggerating either. Mineralised skin finishes are $27 but are really big. Blushes are around $18 but I would go for the grand duo mineralised blush. Their $22.50 and the coolest colors. Hope I covered everything you were looking at.
  • computer security
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin moles