Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ever experienced a Sephora Cosmetics Consultation? Adults only, please!?

I have scheduled a cosmetics consultation at Sephora for tomorrow afternoon. I'm going during the day and they were able to take an appointment between my work meetings, so that was great. Now have any of you had a good experience with Sephora? I see teenagers (or 20-somethings that look like teenagers) in there all the time and they are over the top trendy. I'm an executive and I simply cannot have that ';trendy'; image. I want something elegant, sexy, and timeless. And most important, I do not want to buy $200 worth of crap. Let's face it, for anyone that has ever studied cosmetic chemistry, most of the products in Sephora are below average (yet still better than the typical department store brands!).


I have a photo shoot, for my match.com profle, on Saturday morning and I need to look my very best! The photographer isn't providing a make-up artist (I'm picky anyway, so that's good) so I need suggestions to make my pictures look their best! Thanks!Ever experienced a Sephora Cosmetics Consultation? Adults only, please!?
I've never had a consultation there but I do buy the Bare Escentuals mineral makeup there. It is absolutely the ONLY makeup I will use. I have really sensitive skin and it is just wonderful. It makes my face look absolutely flawless and glowy. I'm a mom of three, not a teenager. I'm not into trendy overdone makeup. Seriously, I would marry that makeup if I could! lolEver experienced a Sephora Cosmetics Consultation? Adults only, please!?
the top picks from sephora for quality cosmetics and timeless looks are lancome, smashbox, and lorac. have fun!
I had a Sephora makeover when I was in my mid-to-late twenties. I was working in a corporate environment at the time, I liked the work the makeup artist did. I would love to have the artist's contact information now - he did wonderful work and I would like to have him for my wedding makeup.





My friend had a Sephora makeover also, it was with a different guy. She did not like it and I thought the guy was an a-hole. If you get this situation, I would advise walking away as soon as you can because my friend's feelings were hurt.





So the experience will vary. The makeup artists will suggest products to buy, but they do not work off of commission. If you don't want to buy certain (or any of the) items you don't have to do that.





You can let them know your preferences for makeup, i.e. you might not want sparkly eye shadow or the smoky eye. The makeup artist should accomodate you or be able to suggest ideas that will look good on you.





If Sephora doesn't work out, you might want to try Bobbi Brown, I think she might have a neutral look that is good for the workplace. My favorite is Lancome.
Well, while your at Sephora, they'll match your skin tone with all the different colors of concealer, foundation, eye shadow, blush and/or bronzer. All you need to do is give them a basic style to work with. Let them know how you want to look (i.e., give them a celebrity to model you after, a designer's make up used on the runway, or a type of style's recent looks). Trust me, they'll know these things, I'm just giving you a heads up. If you're not really familiar with those examples, try telling them if you want to your make up to look dramatic, romantic, soft, bright, or casual.





I hope this helped!





Good luck.
Not that you have time before your Sat. photo shoot but if you want high quality, reasonable make up that isn't trendy and bizarre - I personally find that Mary Kay Cosmetics are by far the best around. A good Mary Kay Consultant will also give you a consultation and help you choose colors, looks etc that are best for your style and complextion and they don't charge for their services either. I am a 50 year old working mother who won't leave home without my hair %26amp; make-up on and looking my best - I use almost exclusively Mary Kay products and really love the different moisturizers, foundations, mascaras and eye lines and lipsticks they have. HIGH quality, no lead in the lipsticks, no CRAP in the products etc. I would highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles