Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Have you tried ELF cosmetics?

i just bought some ELF cosmetics (eyeslipsface) and I wanted to know if it is good or not. I'm amazed that it's only $1, but that makes me a little suspicious.. Have you tried this? Is it good? I ordered this stuff called Facial whip, and you can wear it on your eyes, cheeks or lips.


Is this brand good? Or are you basically getting what you paid for?Have you tried ELF cosmetics?
Some of it is good, and some of it is awful. I'm afraid I've never tried the Facial Whip though, so I can't say if that one is any good.





Edit: Oh you ordered lip gloss too? This is what I've thought of the ones I tried:





Candy Shop Lip Tins: One of my favorite lip glosses. They smell and look great, and aren't super sticky





Super Glossy: Not good at all. Really sticky, opaque, and the colour just wouldn't spread evenly.





Hypershine: Nice, have an odd smell to them. Not bad, just hard to place.





Luscious Liquid Lipstick: No real complaint or rave review for this one.





Therapeutic Conditioning Balm: This one was the worst of the bunch. It will turn your lips the exact colour of the balm itself (and none of them are pretty) AND it made my lips peel!





Custom Lips: Be aware that this is lipstick, not gloss. They were really messy for me even with a brush, but they looked good and made my lips soft once I actually got it on.Have you tried ELF cosmetics?
I've tried a few things from ELF, and I was a bit hesitant to buy from there, because $1 makeup that is ';as good as higher-end brands';? I don't think its possible. You are getting what you pay for. Some stuff can be good, but not amazing-ly great, at all. So, don't expect much from your ELF products, because you won't get much from them. As for the facial whip, yes, it can be used for eyes, cheeks and lips. :)





Hope I helped!





-Erica
Just like any brand they have good things and they have not so good things. Half of my favorite brushes are from ELF. I haven't tried much but i wasn't a huge fan of the eye shadows. Mostly because there is obviously better out there.


I think it's really a great brand for what you are paying for. Just don't expect MAC quality.
theyre actually pretty good products! i havent used them but all i ever hear are good things about them. i wouldnt suggest getting the eyelash curler because ive heard that it pinches but if you dont have one its great to practice on .. but in the long run youre just going to end up replacing it. ive also heard the blending brush is kind of course but so are most brushes the first time you use them. nothing a few washes and some breaking in shouldnt be able to fix. its a dollar!
honestly ive never tried it, but ive always wanted to. My magazine (seventeen) suggested it and people write in and vote on their favorite beauty products and i remember seeing an ELF brand on there. I think its one of those okay, but not great or crappy. Its good enough for the money that you pay!
It's okay. Their mineral makeup is better... it's only about 2 or 3 dollars. The brushes though... ARE AWESOME!!!





Don't fall for that ';if-it's-not-expensive-it's-no-good'; lie!!
I got a bronzer at Kmart from ELF and I really like it except the other day I ran put my fingers on my face and it looked like dirt on my face lol. But If I don't touch it it looks fine. Hope this helps! : D
Elf waterproof liquid eyeliner was mentioned in a mag as being fab. Not tried any of their products though.
I use it, and its very good. I like it alot. just don't use the eyeliner since it isn't all day, but everything else works great
i've tried it, i like it.. it works good. it smells kind of funny though
Here is my review:





the eyeshadows will not stay on very well they have no pigmentation and no matter how much eyeshadow primer you put on, it will not stay on. it also smears quick.





the eyeliners are also bad- they are very harsh on the eye and smear immediately- especially the black pencil





the brushes are pretty good- i like all the eye brushes, the liner brush, and the powder brush. the foundation brush is no good. don't buy it





the eyelash curler works great! i love how it curls my lashes.





the liquid eyeiner pen is also good but only as a base- i use it to line my top lid and go over it with a gel liner. if you use the pen alone, it will smear and smudge. then pen is also thin, so you can do your top lid as thin/thick as you like





the makeup remover pads are no good. they are very harsh on the eye and irritate your eyes. it turned my eyes red when i first used it. i threw the rest away.





the false lashes are pretty good but the glue sucks.





the nail polishes are also good- i like them a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles