Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Have you used Afterglow cosmetics? What do you think?

I have been researching mineral makeup because I believe it is less toxic than regular makeup. I have read a great deal about what to avoid such as, particulate size less than .2 microns, no bismuth oxychloride, no parabin, etc. I have been looking online at Afterglow Cosmetics and am impressed with thier information on thier site (other companies do not give specific information on ingredients they just loosely throw around the term ';all natural';) Has anyone tried Afterglow cosmetics? Do you like thier products? What other companies have you tried?Thanks!Have you used Afterglow cosmetics? What do you think?
As noble as Afterglow's cause. I am afraid they still come up short. This is from their website:





Organic Eye Liner: peg-25 hydrogenate castor oil, organic jojoba (simmondsia chinensis) seed oil*, candelilla (euphorbia cerifera) oil, organic aloe (barbadensis) leaf extract*, organic beeswax (cera alba)*, organic safflower (carthamus tinctorius) oil* phenoxyethanol. May contain [+/-] Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), mica (CAS 12001-26-2), titanium dioxide (CI 77891) *made with certified organic ingredients.





Phenoxyethanol, and PEG-25 are petrochemicals. Phenoxyethanol is a preservative that has a mode of action similar to mustard gas and chemotherapeutic agents.Have you used Afterglow cosmetics? What do you think?
Hi emce, ive tried Afterglow Cosmetics. They have a great selection of products. My skin was horrible from trying other mineral brands and Afterglow has brought the glow back to my skin. Checkout the Skin Deep Website and see how safe Afterglow Cosmetic ingredients are and rated for safety. Report Abuse

Just be aware that although parabens may not be the best for you, the bacteria that they kill are FAR worse for your skin.
I work for their affiliate program and I must say I get lot of visitors that buy their products. I personally never tried their products, but they must have good products. I'd suggest looking up reviews on their products on Google. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles