Thursday, December 10, 2009

Applying at MAC (cosmetics)?

So the mall near my house is opening a MAC store in a few months and Im thinking I would really like to apply and I also need a job I do understand it is a competitive job to get but being that its in a smaller town its not as competitive......anyways all the ladies at my local MAC counter know me by name and everything always comment my makeup and when I asked about working there once the one girl gave me an application and said it was worth a shot ....and I also been asked multiple times if I do makeup or if I am an artist or either gone to school for it so I figure I must have some skills lol ,,,,,,should I go for it and apply ?Applying at MAC (cosmetics)?
Go for it hon. Everytime I go to MAC either a mac girl or a customer compliments my makeup. Some customers actually think I work there haha. It's a good idea to apply especially since they just opened. I've asked some of the mac girls questions about applying that sort of thing like how do I apply or if I need like amazing makeup skills. One of them told me you basically just need retail experience and that you just give them a copy of your resume`. I told them that I was thinking of applying and they say yea you could definitely work here. From what I heard if you get an interview they'll ask you to create a day look and transform it into a night look. And they might give you a product like an eyeshadow or something and they say to create a look with it. Like a green eyeshadow or something like that. I am going to apply but I want to get more retail experience before I do. I know I have the makeup skills down pat but I want to have more retail experience. But yea you should definitely give it a shot what do you have to lose. Good luck hon.Applying at MAC (cosmetics)?
If you are one of the more sophisticated people in your area, and the current person already knows your name you have it ';in the bag';.





Just make sure to prep for the interview and wear something professional. The hiring manager might be a business type, not a fashion type.





Good luck!
Defianately, it sounds like you have the skills. But remember, it's not just about the makeup, you have to have a background in sales, I belive. Anyway, go for it!





Good luck!
Absolutely if you like to do makeup you should go for it.I would be extatic if i was in your position. Good Luck and Have Fun!
Of course! I think it would be a great experience for you! [=

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles