Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mica in Cosmetics: What is your opinion on this?

I make my own all natural cosmetics and sell them at diffrent craftshows and I will also be making a website very soon. I am a teenager and this is my own source of income. I have found that I love using mica powder and if you mix it with titanium dioxide, cornstartch, kaolin clay, and sericite mica it makes a very pretty blend :-) All of these products are 100% natural and I make sure of all of this! But many people think these products are terrible chemicals, I want to know your own personal opinion of these ingredients, would you buy an eyeshadow with these ingredients in it? If so could you please give me a reason. Thank you in advance :-)Mica in Cosmetics: What is your opinion on this?
Well, Mica's versatile, and many mineral foundations use it, so it's probably not that harmful. It's supposed to reflect light away from the face, so you could probably use that as a selling point. Plus, mica's not really a chemical anyway, it's a mineral.





*Titanium dioxide's an anti-inflammatory, so it's even calming for skin.





**There's a huge market for 'natural' and mineral makeup nowadays, so I wouldn't worry about the complainers. (I personally don't care for mineral makeup because it takes longer and is messier, but if I had more time to devote to my makeup, I'd probably get it). But like I said, a lot of women are switching to mineral makeup now. A suggestion would be to debut with a really far-out color. I hate when 20 brands all have the same shades; Urban Decay became popular because they had colors no one else did.Mica in Cosmetics: What is your opinion on this?
Everything is a chemical. We put other ingredients on our skin, and subsequently IN our skin.


Yes, I would buy eyeshadows with those ingredients. Although I would be very unsure about it due to the cornstarch and kaolin, as both clog my pores.


Those are not ';terrible chemicals';. Those are ingredients in pretty much every cosmetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles