Thursday, December 10, 2009

Which do you think is a better cosmetics line Prescriptives or MAC Cosmetics?

My wife is seven months pregnant with twins and I want to treat her to a makeover to make her feel better. After being the odd one out (the only guy besides the makeup guy) scouring the cosmetics in the mall I found both prescriptives and MAC to be appealing. Now my wife is very fair skinned and it is really hard to match her foundation, so the foundations are especially what I found appealing to me in both cosmetics lines. I want to get her a gift card and schedule a makeover for her, but I don't know which line to go with and which one will give her a total makeover that she will like. Her struggles are allways with finding a good foundation because whatever she buys I find that it leaves a line on her face. I don't want to hurt her feelings so I am trying to be tactical on how I tell her, in other words I haven't and I am just going to get her a gift card. So which line do you prefer, think would be better, Prescriptives or MAC, and what makes you like one line over the other?Which do you think is a better cosmetics line Prescriptives or MAC Cosmetics?
If her struggle is foundation, I strongly recommend Prescriptives, they don't just custom match your coloring exactly, but they also match your skin needs (dry, oily, combination, prone to break-outs, etc) and the foundation's coverage (for example: does she prefer a heavier, full-coverage foundation or just a tinted moisturizer; and everything in between) and the look of this foundation (matte or shimmery or a combination), oh and if you want to add some extras (like aybe UV protection, or an anti-aging complex) they'll do it. So it REALLY *is* a custom foundation. Also, all their ingredients are top-notch. I've been using Prescriptives foundation for over 5 years and my woes are over, I wouldn't use anything else and I wonde what took me so long for me to start using it.





Basically there's nothing better -foundation-wise- than Prescriptives. It's not THAT expensive (ranges from $30dlls to, maybe $45- $50)





That being said, you can't beat MAC for products when it comes to adding color to you face. What I mean by this is that, it's basically like a painting: with your Prescrptive foundation you created a perfect base, like a canvas, now for doing adding the color (eye-makeup, lipstick, pencils, blushes, glosses, etc.) MAC has every color imanginable (and some un-imaginables too *lol) in every texture, etc. Also, top-notch ingredients and accesible prices.





So why don't you treat her to a full-face makeover, with foundation at Prescriptives and the coloring at MAC?





P.S. Be a smart consumer, don't gravitate to a place just because you like their upbeat attitude or coolness factor. You'll just end up buying stuff you don't need or want from and upbeat and cool salepersonWhich do you think is a better cosmetics line Prescriptives or MAC Cosmetics?
I could say some things good and bad abot both companies. I thin MAC handsdown is better at matching foundation although Prespectives does custom blend but go to MAC bcus the vibe is slightly more upbeat and i think the rest of their products are better. For $50 purchase MAC will do her makeover but honestly $75 would be a better giftcard amount. plus if it's for the MAC in the MACY's she'll get a MACy's giftcard she can use somewhere else if she changes her mind
MAC!:)





p.s. im sure she will appreciate it TONS whichever line you decide on, its very sweet of you!
first of all, you should know that both mac and prescriptives are owned by estee lauder (as are origins and clinique), so all of these brands will have some similar products. however, for the *perfect* foundation, you should definitely go to prescriptives for a custom blend for her skin type and tone. their foundations are also healthier for the skin than mac's, which have been known to cause acne. for a complete face, you should budget $75 to $100....foundation, blush, lip color, and about 3-4 eye products. she may also be interested in their skin care. congrats on the twins, and how sweet of you to do this for your wife. she will be very impressed and grateful!
In general I like MAC better, but if she has a hard time finding foundation colors, go Prescriptives. They custom blend your foundation to match your exact skintone.
Mac is such a good brand!


It stays on and lasts very good, also comes in a bunch of shades for different tones of skin.


Expesive, but very good :)
Aww that's so sweet of you..I hope my husband does that when I'm married and pregnant haha. I am total MAC addict...most girls/women are MAC fanatics...their makeup is so pigmented and vibrant, and the quality is really good. I don't know much about Prescriptives and don't really hear much about it. If a makeup artist does her makeup they wouldn't leave a line on her face. The line is there either because she doesn't use the right shade of foundation or she doesn't blend it out into her jawline that well.


Good luck!
prescriptives face makeup is much better because they match your makeup shade perfectly because they make the makeup there in your own personal shade! mac foundantion breaks me out and it does to my friends to. perscriptives will cost you a lot of money because they coustom blend the makeup for you but its sooooo worth it to have the perfect shade of makeup! M.A.Cs eye makeup is the shitzzzz though! so treat her to some MAC eye makeup to!
  • hair gel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin moles