Thursday, December 3, 2009

Horrible MAC cosmetics experience?

Yesterday I had my makeup done at the mac on queen in Toronto.


I've never had anything against mac stores, but I literally had the most horrible experience. The male that did my makeup was really rough and heavy handed with all of his brushes, even after I told him that it was scratching my face.





He didn't pay attention to my features at all and just applied something that looked very genetic, and didn't even do a good job at that.





My foundation looked clumpy, and he applied powder concealer under my eyes which just looked dry and disgusting.





I tired to work with him, and explain what I wanted, but he didn't listen to any of my requests. I don't want to hate, but next time I'll be doing my own makeup. I honestly wish that once he started being rough with the brush that I had just said thank you for your time and walked right out of there.





Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is this typical?


There are so many loyal mac lovers, and I was literally appalled by how horrible my experience was?Horrible MAC cosmetics experience?
Thats terrible...you should call head office and complain...Horrible MAC cosmetics experience?
That's horrible,I would have talked to someone else about the experience or just simply walked out on him.I've never experienced bad customer service at M.A.C.The makeup artists were always friendly and very helpful.I love how they test the makeup on me to see if I'm sure If I want to purchase the item.They're great but sorry that happened,I'm sure others have had bad experiences like you've had.
yeah ive had a similiar experience with a woman at the dior counter. it was horrible! she was trying to get me buy some stuff and she wanted me to sample a few things and insisted that she put a few items on me, so she did and i told her id think about it grabbed a tissue and walked off wiping my face. i think she got the hint that i wasnt going to buy anything.
Well I never really had my makeup done there but I did have one of the sales rep put some makeup on me to see if I liked it (concealer and blot powder). I went two different times because the first time they ran out of the concealer in my color. Both ladies were extremely nice and gentle even though I was not spending much money. I think you just had a bad experience.
That sounds awful. I bet he didn't end up selling many products. I think you just had an unfortunate experience with a bad makeup artist. I've never had my makeup done by MAC, but other lines were helpful and considerate.
u should have just walked away!!


they sometimes express their horrible day on people..





i would of walked away no doubt bout it!!
I have never had anyone do my makeup but I would call and complain. Maybe he does this often and someone needs to know it.
no but there primers are really bad
no they should treat u with respect since u r a client
I'm not a ';loyal mac lover'; so I think I can speak without a biased tone. (I'm more of a loyal Bobby Brown lover xD) anyways, I've never had that sort of experience with Mac here, in Socal. The mac employees have always been very kind to me and they're always catering to me and whoever I'm with. I think that will just be a single experience or maybe it's just the store you went to. I would've been just as upset in your situation so it's not just that you're high maintenance. Sorry, getting back to my point, Mac, generally, has really great service at their stores and counters and I think next time you go to get your make up done, or to buy cosmetics there, you should request someone else.


I hope I was a help!
ugh I would've left. I haven't had them do all my makeup just little things before and it wasn't bad but. But once I wanted to try this foundation and I was going to go over to the foundations and check them out on my face and this lady asked me what I was doing like I wasn't supposed to. And then I said I was just trying to find my shade. Then she said oh I'll just do it and she picked up one bottle tried in on and was like yeah that will work and gave me a sample...turns out it was way too light with pink undertones and completely didnt suit my skin ughhh
  • mr skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin moles