Thursday, December 3, 2009

In MAC Cosmetics Foundations what is the difference between NC & NW?

I just got a foundation from the MAC stand and I was matched to NW20 which the MA says means I have alot of Pink in my skin. Now does this mean that I have Warm undertones to my skin or Cool undertones? I wear gold eyeshadows, and pink gold warm lip glosses %26amp; they look good on me, but purple looks horrible %26amp; garish. Same goes for clothes, if I wear blues they tend to wash me out whereas peaches %26amp; warm coral pinks tend to bring color to my face? Soooo since the NW20 matches my skin perfectly does this mean I am a warm or a cool? I used to wear Prescriptives %26amp; when I was color matched with thier foundation I was found to be a Yellow/Orange with warm golden undertones with thier color matching pencils. The Yellow/Orange disapearred on me, but the MAC NC20 looked totally off on me %26amp; the NW20 matched perfectly. Anybody who understands MAC cosmetics please answer me on this question because I am confused, I allways thought I had warm undertones to my skin. Thankyou! :)In MAC Cosmetics Foundations what is the difference between NC %26amp; NW?
nw and nc are based really on your skin tone and how much coverage you need .





if your having trouble finding your shade ,you dont need anybodys help but yourself





i once got matched and i felt it was to dark ,so stick to what you think,





the easyest way is to match your skin tone to your neck .





also if your having trouble with your shade and your eyeshadows try using contouring to even out your skin tone and also its more of a natural lookIn MAC Cosmetics Foundations what is the difference between NC %26amp; NW?
Hey, Try this link. I somewhat found it enlightening.


http://www.sokissandmakeup.com/mac-cosmetics/shade-guide/ Report Abuse

Tonaboom has it ALL wrong, must not know much about mac.


NW means not warm its for cool skintones, NC means not cool and is for warm skintones, I wear NC 35 in mac foundation perfect match for my warm skintone. Report Abuse

No, no, no, hw01 - ';NC'; does not stand for ';Not Cool'; it stands for ';Neutral Cool'; and likewise ';NW'; stands for ';Neutral Warm.'; Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles