Thursday, December 10, 2009

Carcinogenic substances in cosmetics?

I lost my best friend to cancer in January this year, it has been a terrible time for everyone who loved her. Since then, I've been researching carcinogens to understand some of the causes of the illness - partly to understand prevention for myself and my loved ones.


I'm looking for further advice from health professionals and anyone out there who understands chemical substances.


After a bit of research, I've found that 'Triethanolamine' and '2 Bramo 2 Nitropropane 1 3' have been found to be carcinogenic if used long term. These substances are found in many hair and skin products still widely sold in the UK. These substances are in the process of being banned in many places in America and Europe, because of the carcinogenic risks. I live in th UK and am concerned about these chemicals in many, if not most of the products I go to buy. Can anyone give any reasurance or further information please. Many thanks.Carcinogenic substances in cosmetics?
I have also heard that many chemicals in cosmetics have been linked to cancer in HIGH doses. So, if there is a trace of a carcinogen in your lipstick, I don't think it will harm you.





I have heard about carcinogens mainly associated with dark hair dyes. Dark hair dye has been linked to certain cancers like lymphoma, but there is no definitive answer.





Unfortunately, I think that our risk of cancer is increased just from living - drinking chlorinated water, breathing dirty air, eat foods with hormones and pesticides.





My best advice for being healthy is to eat right, exercise, maintain a healthy weight, get regular checkups.





We all have stories like your friend. The sister of my best friend died from sarcoma after a bout with Hodgkins lymphoma. She was a vegetarian and exercise nut - sadly there was just something wrong with her genetic wiring.





I am sorry about your friend - I will keep her in my prayers.Carcinogenic substances in cosmetics?
almost all cosmotics r made up of chemicals.which having the ability toactivate the cell growth .


when this consentration is high lead to un control prolifiration of cell .which distrub the normal functioning of cell.


SO DON'T HIGH Concentrated cosmotics.
Most of the testing in the US, anyway, is done in HIGH concentrations in mice.these high concentrations wouldn't be the same amount found in a product
  • hair gel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin moles