Saturday, November 28, 2009

MAC cosmetics brush question for those who know - 187 or 190?

I'm new to makeup. For a lot of reasons, I was never taught what to wear or how to wear it. I'm getting used to a few little things, but I've started to wear liquid foundation by MAC.





My question is, which brush would be easier for a beginner...the 187 or 190? I am currently using the 190, but still have a little trouble with a streaky look. Someone mentioned stippling instead of using a regular brush. Would this be a bit easier for a beginner?





Thanks!! :-)MAC cosmetics brush question for those who know - 187 or 190?
187 gives u an airbrushed look. just stiffle the foundation to your face


190 is better for beginner. you have to criss-cross your brush when applying foundation to avoid the streaking.


for beginner i always recommend my clients to use a sponge. =)





check http://kireimakeup.com/2008/10/04/basic-鈥?/a> for more infoMAC cosmetics brush question for those who know - 187 or 190?
As a MAC addict and make-up artist I'm going to have to say neither of those brushes. I use the 109 for my liquid foundation and love it and recommend it to anyone looking to buy brushes. It's really easy to get light coverage and build your way up, buffing out streaks is very easy with this brush.





I mainly use the 187 and the 188 for blush/highlighter/bronzer, I personally don't agree with using it for liquid make up. But than again you can use any brush you want as long as you get the coverage you want.





I'm not a fan of foundation brushes like the 189-191, it seems to give too heavy a coat and tends to be streaky and hard to buff out.





I would ask your MAC sales associates for assistance and ask them to show you the different coverages the brushes give. (If you use Studio Fix, I really would suggest the 109)
Yeah I have the 187 and I love it :) It's very easy to use. It leaves you with an airbrushed but a natural look. What I do is I put some foundation onto the back of my hand take my 187 brush mix the foundation, take my brush and stipple it onto my cheeks, forehead and chin. Then blend it all over. Then you have a flawless, airbrushed look :)
The 187 will give u faster and airbrushed look. If the 190 is streaky, u have to blend in more. Try stippling with a sponge after u use the 190.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles