Monday, November 30, 2009

MAC Cosmetics Questions?

MAC Cosmetics Questions?


I am a 15 year old girl that is starting to get tired of drugstore brand makeup and leaning towards more higher end makeup. So for all of you that know anything about MAC Cosmetics, I have a few questions for you!





1. Is MAC worth buying for a 15 year old girl?


2. What eye shadows would you recommend for me? (I have tan skin with brown eyes and hair, and if you could tell me a lid, crease, and highlight color(s) that would be nice.)


3. What is a good MAC starter kit?





I don't have alot of money, I do have a budget. I'm trying not to go over like $80 on MAC. Lastly, I do not wear liquid foundation, only powder sometimes.





Any other tips or things you know about MAC Cosmetics that might be useful to me would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks so much!MAC Cosmetics Questions?
1. Yes! MAC is great if you have the money. I dont think there is an age to buy MAC products. Just know that they are pricy!





2. I would go to www.maccosmetics.com and live chat with the artists. They will help you get the perfect stuff for you!





3. a good concealer, liner, and lipglass (they are great!!)MAC Cosmetics Questions?
you should really check out NYX cosmetis at ulta. They have been said to be as good as mac, but a hella lot cheaper.
DEFINETLY WORTH IT:)


I only use certain brands, and that is one of them.
1. Up to you. Don't waste your money if you're not going to wear it. And keep in mind that some drugstore products dupe, are similar to, or work even better than MAC.





2. Deep Truth, All That Glitters, Bamboo, Deep Shade, Contrast


Navy blue will make brown eyes pop





3. Mineralize Skin Finish Natural


Eye shadow


Technakohl Graph Black


Lip conditioner


Sinnamon Lustreglass


Matte





Tips: Check in the mirrors. One girl at MAC matched me with


a dark foundation that made me look orange! I returned it and the next


girl matched my skin perfectly. If you have a hard to match skin tone like me, make sure you try a few shades out and have a say yourself. Also, speak up - you'll get what you want.
1. Yes. It's good makeup with the best colors, and is more of the lower end department store brand makeup so it's not too expensive.





2. Lid: vibrant purple (it will really make your eyes stand out)


Crease: a darker gray





3.http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu鈥?/a> watch the 1st and second video; (the ones by allthatglitters21 and juicystar07)








Then I would really reccomend getting the MAC pigment because it's multi use. You can use it as an eyeliner or eyeshadow. I love it. I would also buy the blush because they have really good colors and a good variety.


*dont bother with the lipgloss... the ones i've tried aren't great.
i absolutely love mac makeup :)


i recomend all that glitters, woodwinked and rice paper for eye shadows. and definetly try their mineralize skin finish powder!
Yeah Mac is great i love the lipgloss and lip stick and powder and blush and eye shadow ok lets face it i love everything!


yes it is worth buying because once you buy 5 or 6 thing you can bring them to the store and get a free one.


I would say maybe a beige or gold or a light pink no hot pinks because in my opinion that may look trashy. For the eye shadow you can get patina and it is like liquid but stays on all day it is great no smudges. Blush is pinch me pink is the best i think and there is a lipgloss flavor called pink lemonade also another good one is the ones on special and chose the colour you like best!


Mac started kits: well they don't have that , but that people are so helpful if you pick something up that you aren't sure would look good they put it on for you and show you how it works! I am your age and love i there they are so nice. Remember if there is a colour you like get two of them because if they are on special they won't come back! It is so cool because once a year they have a special featured cartoon last year hello kitty the year before was barbie so cool





MAC IS GREAT '





this year they had a jungle show it was so cool
i know mac make up takes a long time to use up, if your eyes are brown i would say purple, copper, bronze ,champagne or blue colors. i think if you save 6 of their empty make up containers you can get a free lip gloss
You are on the same page as me... I am 17 and I am also tired of drugstore makeup except for a couple of products that I really like... I am not a MAC expert or anything but on youtube there is a ';makeup world'; as they call it where I learned everything that I know now that i didn't know a couple of months ago. I would check out some of the girls' videos on youtube. Just type their usernames into the search bar or MAC starter kit in the search bar. Some of the makeup gurus I would recommend are: allthatglitters21 (Elle), juicystar07 (Blair), julieg713 (Julie), and fafinettex3 (Aubrey). The great thing about this, you can ask them any questions you have through email video response or comments below their videos. I'm sorry that I couldn't give you anny recommendations on eyeshadow colors. All I can tell you is to get a eye shadow primer so your shadows don't crease or wear off throughout the day or get a base sush as a paint pot. I heard that either soft ochre or rubenesque are must haves. For youe age, I would just go natural with brown tones. Hope this helped you!
First off, I am obsessed with gurus on youtube! I don't know if you have seen these people or not, but definitely check them out:


xsparkage


allthatglitters21


makeupgeekTV


juicystar07


MakeupbytiffanyD


MichellePhan


natneagle


xxsgtigressxx


petrilude





Okay, sorry for that tangent :P





1.) Yes, MAC is worth buying at any age simply because it is excellent quality makeup.


2.) For eyeshadows, I would recommend satin taupe (shimmery beautiful taupe) for the lid, Mulch (dark shimmery brown) for the crease and then vanilla (just a creamy white matte color) for the highlight on the brow bone and inner corner. Those are 14.50 each, so you would be looking at $45 dollars for just those 3.


3.) A good starter kit would be:


Foundation: you say you use powder, so why not get good coverage too? I recommend MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (its like a compact mineral foundtaion, but its not a loose powder...its amazing!)





Eyeshadows: The ones I previously mentioned plus:


Twinks: beautiful plummy brown with shimmer


Shroom: Another creamy beige highlight


Carbon: A nice matte black


Embark: Pretty red matte brown








Lipgloss:


Lustreglass in Love Nectar (pretty apricot pink with soft gold shimmer)





Eye Liner and Mascara:


Honestly you will see on youtube those are both pretty dupe-able at a drugstore. MAC is not well known for good mascara, so I recommend CoverGirl Lashblast and I love Stila's Convertible Eye Color Liner in Onyx! :)





Also, if money is an option...I'm sure by watching youtube you have learned or will learn about Coastal Scents. They have great eyeshadow and blush palettes that would be great for starting a kit and are very pigmented. Gurus have said the colors are good MAC dupes and the shadows and blushes are equal in quality to MAC, so check that out if you can! :)





the website is:


www.coastalscents.com





I hope I helped and good luck with making you choices!
I think you should invest in MAC. I work a Seventeen Magazine and we just did an issue on 10 girls on youtube. They have some amazing advice and tips for you. http://www.seventeen.com/beautysmarties

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles