Monday, November 30, 2009

Why are cosmetics people rude?

I posted a question yesterday about how I purchased a Clinique powder, it crushed in my bag, and basically turned into a loose powder, the rest went all over my bag......I called the store and told them what happened and they said they could exchange it or I could get a refund, I had a feeling they would be rude about it. The powder was in just horrid shape.....I woke up this morning and thought that I would just get my money back instead and look for a new product. So I took the powder back, the girl looked at the receipt when all of a sudden this other girl came over and said that the cosmetics counter manager said that I could only exchange it, I told them that I talked to the store manager the day earlier and was told it would not be a problem and that I want my money back, after that the service was just so rude, they glared at me and when I said thank you they didn't even answer me....they looked at me like I was scamming them or something, since the powder looked ';used'; to them.Why are cosmetics people rude?
they are very unprofessional.


they should have just refunded your money no questions asked..and been pleasant about it.


don't speak to the cosmetics counter manager..


go to the manager for the entire store.


tell that person your story.Why are cosmetics people rude?
Some of them are very unproffesional and rude, but not all. I have met very personable, helpful people in the MAC store many times, but for some reason at counters the women working there always seem to be more rude. I dont know why.





Def call the manager and complain, if those girls were being rude to a costumer, they should be punshied because they are giving the products/brand a bad rep.
Some of those women are so rude, I agree. I think she wasn't nice to you cause it was taking up her time and she didn't want to be bothered, she might have missed a other customer. I would send a letter, email and call to complain, ';this service was unacceptable';, tell them. Next time, get the store manager name and when she/he works.
you know what?


i had a problem with the clinique people too.


they were very rude to me and treated me like scum, and there face wash broke me out like crazy!


they were so rude that i just stay clear from there counter at the store now and wont purchase anything from them anymore!


def call the manager and make some complaints~!!!!!
I work at a salon and cosmetics store. I am a hairstylist and makeup artist. I don't think I am rude, but the girls at the register ARE something else sometimes!! Sorry that u had a bad experience. I say Call and complain to the Manager AND if she doesn't satify u, call corporate...What store was it?
Call the company and complain or you can call humain rights or something like that. I this its because they think very high of them selves, they think they're all that.
I *always* get treated rudely when I shop at cosmetic counters in department stores. They either act like they don't want to help me, or talk to me in a condescending way. I love makeup and fashion, but I'm more into creating my own styles instead of wearing ';labels';, so I suspect that might be why I never get good service. I would def. call the store manager and complain, that type of behavior from a sales person is not acceptable, and personally I wouldn't shop there again. I mean, why should you give them your money when they have such a bad attitude? Now I shop at Sephora, the people there are usually friendly and helpful.
Sorry you went through that. You know, regular employees are often just too careful and they lean on the side of caution in case they are not too familiar with their policies. You just have to basically wait until a manager is around. I would say ask the manager when they will be there or tell the manager that the employee did not honor this BEFORE you even go there...just a little white lie...then the manager will review policies with all employees so that manager won't look like a shmuck when you DO go...after all, managers do not want inconsistencies repeated, then they could get in trouble themselves.





Just never count on good customer service. I never do, then I never am disappointed. To me, If it gets to be my turn in line at a donut shop, and the employee decides to go through the simple trouble of saying ';hi'; than that is beyond their duty I expect (I am used to them thinking they don't even have to open their mouths when they take your order, and they don't!)





I don't understand shopping mall employees, just get your refund and think to yourself, ';you dress up to the nines to work- in a mall!'; and you will feel okay after that. It works for me

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles