Monday, November 30, 2009

Mark. Cosmetics representative?

I'm seriously considering becoming a Mark. cosmetics rep. for 2 main reasons:





1) To supplement my husband's income. I'm currently going back to school to become a nurse and staying home in the daytime with my 1 yr old daughter while he works. Money is a little tight, though we can afford the the things we need it is difficult to buy decent clothing and such items. I'm trying to find something that I can do from home that will help.





2) I love Mark. products and the discount they offer to the reps will definitely help me out there.





I'm not really looking into selling the entire Avon line because I live in a small town (6,000 people, maybe less) and it seems like everyone here sells Avon! At least once a week I find a catalog from a new Avon rep hanging from my doorknob. Also, I've heard that with Avon, you have to order the products using your own money and then distribute the product to the consumer. If the consumer changes her mind, you're out the money. However, Mark. looks like it's mainly internet based. You get your own online store and your customers just buy the product online from there.





So, what I'm wanting to know is if it costs anything besides the $20 startup fee? Do I have to pay for the magalogs and bags? And, if I don't have many sales (or no sales for awhile) will they just shut off my account? Is it true that it's mainly internet based? Or do I have to order stuff using my own money like Avon?





I can't really afford to buy products meant for my customers and then wait until they get the products to get the money. That's why I like the internet based thing so much. That way, I can just advertise and post a website and not have to worry about so much face-to-face interaction.





Thanks for your answers!Mark. Cosmetics representative?
';Do I have to pay for the magalogs and bags? ';





YES. We get about 5 free mags with every order placed in 2008. Otherwise, the packs of 5 are around $1 each. Samples and bags range from $1-3.





';And, if I don't have many sales (or no sales for awhile) will they just shut off my account?';





They suggest to place an order every couple of months to avoid this from happening. But there are no minimums or anything.





';Is it true that it's mainly internet based? Or do I have to order stuff using my own money like Avon?';





You can promote your free e-boutique and mark. handles all of it. But, most sales are going to come from people you see day to day when you are wearing the products. But if you do have local customers, you have to collect cash or check from them deposit into your account and then place an order.





';I can't really afford to buy products meant for my customers and then wait until they get the products to get the money.';





mark (unlike Avon) recommends that you collect the money up front because we pay ';up front';. (Avon reps buy on credit.)





It really is a great deal for the $20 fee even if you are going to just buy for yourself and a few friends or family members - because you get the straight discount on everything you buy. But I will warn you that most of us reps say we don't make much money, because everything we get goes back into buying more products for ourselves because we like them so much! There come out with new products each month, so you really want to keep adding to your collection to show it off to others.





Let me know if you have any other questions.Mark. Cosmetics representative?
The start up fee for becoming an Avon representative is $10.00. When you become an Avon rep. you can also sell Mark just like you sell Avon. You can sell Avon and Mark the old fashioned way going door to door and/or you can sell Avon and Mark on the web, you would be considered an e-representative.


And no, you never have to buy any products before a customer orders it. You don't not have to keep an inventory.


I help my daughter-in-law with her Avon business and she never keeps Avon products in stock.


In your first Avon order you just order what your customers have ordered and you will need to order your catalogs. I order 100 at the cost of $19.95. I do believe a pack of 5 cost 7.50. You do not have to pay for the order until the next campaign order is submitted and that will be after you have delivered your orders to the customers and they have paid you. So you will have the money to pay for your order. If you do not order anything from Avon for three consecutive campaigns, they assume you have quit. But as long as you don't owe them any money you can be reinstated at any time.


I hope this helps. Good Luck!
Ok to help you out a little if you are a Avon Rep you automatically are enrolled with Mark and could start selling out of that book as well, and with Mark you could only sell out of the Mark book. With Mark you sell just like Avon you would hand out books and collect orders also you get to sell out of the internet as well. You will have to pay for the books and all the supplies as well. I sell Avon and I no if we don't place a order three times in a row then we are no longer consider a avon rep, so I don't no if that is the same with Mark. It's cheaper to enroll with Avon and then just sell mark instead of Avon. Order the mark books instead of Avon books. Remember once you sign up with mark you are not allowed to sell Avon.
  • mr skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin moles