Monday, November 30, 2009

MAC Cosmetics.......?

I've never bought my make up any where other than walmart, i've never really gone for the high priced stuff. Well I have a few acne scars on my face and it just seems cover girl doesnt work to well when it comes to trying to cover them up. A friend recentaly told me about MAC products and how they provide sheer coverage. Well I've gone to the MAC website and there are so many foundations, I dont know which is the best on for me. I would prefer a powder foundation. Is anyone out there fimiliar with MAC produtcs and if so can you tell me which give the best coverage for minor acne scars.MAC Cosmetics.......?
Hi, when I was in my teens I used to buy cheaper brands, but I now wear a lot fo MAC, Benefit, Stila, Urban Decay, etc %26amp; you can honestly tell the difference with a lot of them.





For foundations, I wear MAC Studio Fix Liquid which has medium coverage that you can build to heavier %26amp; covers skin imperfections well. You can apply it with your fingertips, but for the best coverage a foundation brush is best. There's no need to go %26amp; buy the MAC foundation brush though, as that's very expensive.





There are a lot of foundations on the website %26amp; it is hard to know whats best. If you live near a counter/store then you should ask an assistant what would be best for you. They might also recommend a good concealer which will help cover the scars also.





Have you tried emailing an artist on the website? You can do that on teh website %26amp; you'll be asked for yoru skin type so you can tell them about your acne scars %26amp; that you want a good coverage. I often email %26amp; they reply within a few hours %26amp; are always very helpful.





Good luck.MAC Cosmetics.......?
well first of all u need conceler to cover up spots and foundation on top of that as long as u use a good conceler u will be fin and as far as what to pick i say it's best to go in to the mac store in ur area b/c they can find the right shades for ur skin
I love MAC,since I ';discovered'; it in the past year. In terms of a powder foundation that is natural-looking but also cover minor scars I'd recommend Studio Fix powder- it smoothes and evens, gives good coverage, and helps control shine.





Do you have a local dept. store that has cosmetics counters? You might want to see if they have a MAC counter so you can go and experiment with shades and stuff. :)





Good luck!
I use a couple different brands of mineral makeup to cover facial scarring and rosacea. I started with the expensive stuff, and it took me a while to try some of the less expensive stuff. Boy, I wish I would have done that first! It would have saved me a ton of money. I like the Loreal mineral sheer make up, followed with the mineral veil. It looks pretty natural and is a lot less expensive than the Bare Escentuals I was ordering from Sephora. They have a whole line of concealer, blush, eye shadow, etc.





The key to application is to tap the brush into a small bit of the powder, kind of like loading a brush if you're a painter. Then, tap off the excess powder on the edge of the container. Buff the powder into your skin in a circular motion repeating and layering until it leaves no lines and your skin looks airbrushed. Follow up with a light coat of the mineral veil. It works for me every time, and I don't have to reapply it during the day.
Depending on coverage that you want, you can use:


Studio Mist foundation


Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15


Select SPF 15


Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15


All these give a medium coverage. but for a fuller coverage check out:


Full coverage


Studio Stick SPF 15


Select Moistureblend SPF 15


But for powders, MAC has some foundations that turn from cream to powder but are still full coverage. check out:


Studio Fix


Studio Tech


now, all of MAC's foundations come in a variety of finishes, you just pick one. the best thing to do as well is ask one of the people in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles